Translate

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Watercolor and the Dentist

This morning I am finally getting back into my watercolor classes. We took a fall break since everyone had personal commitments, vacations, illnesses and who knows what else. So I am off to paint this morning. I think our topic today is Picasso and abstract. This should be a learning event for me since I'm not a big fan of either, however, you never know what you will come away with so bring it on!

This afternoon I will visit my favorite doctor: my dentist. I say that with irony because I HATE to go to the dentist. When I was younger, one of the dentist's had pictures on his waiting room walls that scared me. They were all of Roman surgeries and showed walls of left arms, right arms, left legs, right legs, hands and who knows what else. Then sitting in the chair and hearing the sounds of those dentist tools in my mouth just freaked me out! Up until about 6 years ago I had to have laughing gas just to have my teeth cleaned. But the staff is so great and gentle with me I don't need it any more. I didn't say I don't want it, I just don't have to have it.

This afternoon they will deaden my whole upper mouth to fix 2 little bitty cavities. I dread the needle already. But I will have my pain pill at the ready just in case.

Monday was laundry day, just like the saying goes. I finished season 2 of Rosemary and Thyme on Netflix. I will start season 3 next. I also finished season 2 of The Killing on Saturday. I wish Durham County would add some seasons. I like dark dramas.

I finished the wrapper for my coffee cup. Did I mention that I sold one of these last month. A mini friend was insistent that she purchase one from me. So I drew one and sold it to her. Here is my wrapper.
So I'm off to play with my watercolor friends and try to relax before my dentist appointment.
Have a great day and go create something!

Terri

No comments: