Translate

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Project Complete and Another Started

I finished my frame painting project. I still have a few more frames to paint but they are in storage and I'm not quite ready to hang them. I did learn something though.

I had purchased the wrong paint and had to use a primer, let it dry for what seemed like hours, then paint the frame again and let it dry for more hours. I was in my studio and looking in the supply closet when I found a can of the paint I needed. And it was white satin. I grabbed the can and ran to the garage where my frames were waiting for me to spray them.

The paint I found is Krylon Fusion for Plastic. Also works on wood, metal, wicker, and more. I sprayed all my frames and they were dry within 15 minutes of being sprayed.

I love this paint!

Now as promised, here is a picture of my wall with the newly painted frames. I really need to rearrange the pictures so if anyone is good at this, come on over!


My Wall of French Fashion Plates

I had 1 picture that was also trimmed in material. When I painted over it the fuzzy still showed. So I took a measurement of the width and visited my favorite store, Hobby Lobby, when I purchased some lovely white lace trim. I glued the trim around the frame and it looks great. (I did have a minor incident and broke the glass in the upper right-hand corner.
Lace trim up close and personal
The whole picture with broken glass. This picture is in the middle of the wall.

I'm happy with the results.

And my current project?

I belong to several on-line groups, one being a Zentangle Inspired Art Yahoo Group. Each month we have swaps and challenges. One of the April Swaps for ATC's (Artist Trading Cards) is a Georgia O'Keef picture. We print a picture then add our tangles to it. I am making 4 of these to swap with other artists. Here are the first 2 I have completed.

2 1/2" x 3 1/2" ATC #1 on Georgia O'Keef painting

ATC Swap #2 on Georgia O'Keef painting
 I have 2 more to complete and I have an idea to make a couple more just in case anyone wants to swap one on one with me.

I'm off to look through pictures so my scrapbooking weekend with my friend Mary Helen. THis will be a first for me since I've not done much scrapbooking...yet.

Have a great week and go create something!

Terri
Waiting for the glue to dry

No comments: