Translate

Monday, April 29, 2013

Monday Monday

Sunday afternoon it thundered but no rain.

Rose-Breasted Grosbeak

It finally rained today.

And I saw a snail on the front steps at my sisters home.

There are two rose-breasted grosbeaks eating at my bird feeders. They are so pretty.


Friday I took Dane to have the nerves in his leg tested. While he was getting little shocks, I sat in the waiting room and had fun. There must have been 25 of these magazines in the waiting room. Nothing else to read just Neurology Now Magazine. This guy on the front just screamed that he needed some attention so I got my trusty micron pen and started on him. This si what I ended up with.

I decided to just leave it in the chair when we left. Somebody probably found it and thought it was really on his head.

Moral of this story: Always be prepared and take a Micron pen with you where ever you go. You never know when somebody may need a laugh.

I signed up to make tote bag favors for a NAME Houseparty. NAME is short for National Association of Miniature Enthusiasts.

The committee need 500 to fill the conference attendees tote bags and asked for volunteers to make 10 sets each. So I made 10 sets.

They set the pages to print. They gave the dimensions for the book covers.Each one of the 3 books is different inside, too. I didn't make a set to keep but I still have the template.

10 sets of 3 books all packaged in little baggies.
So here it is 3 days before it is due in the committee's hands and I am just getting started.

But I made them. All 10 sets. It took me most of the afternoon to cut and put them all together but I did it. I mailed them first thing this morning.

I hope they like them.


Sunday I was cleaning my studio. I have a 10 drawer cart on wheels where I store misc tools, supplies, papers, etc. It wobbles.
I wandered into the living room and asked my husband if he thought he could help secure the cart.
We took it outside and he placed a piece of laminate board on the back side. It is 99% better now!

Lastly, I want to introduce you to Arrow.
He is 15 years old and getting slow. His joint bother him when he gets up. He can't see very well due to cateracts and his hearing is becoming selective.

He is still active and can bark extremely loud. He will be heard!

Some mornings he just doesn't want to get out of bed though. He sleeps a lot during the day but that's ok. He's earned it.

He also has Addison's disease and takes pills each morning and gets a shot once a month to keep him hydrated.

Then Sunday and Monday he peed on my floor.

 
DOGS! We'll keep him and keep him comfortable as long as possible. He just better quit peeing on my floors.

Off to create something in my cleaned up studio.
Terri
Waiting for the glue to dry

1 comment:

The grandmommy said...

You and your blog seem like a lot of fun! So I am going to follow your blog.
btw give your doggy a hug from me. :-D